U21 Health Sciences group launches UNMDG student video competition
The competition is to encourage students who are involved in UNMDG (United Nations Millennium Development Goals) community placements, projects or activities to record their experiences and share these with other interested students and academics via the U21 MDG4HEALTH website. The competition is also an opportunity to source videos from our target audience to promote the website and the work of the U21 UNMDG group.
What is your university/faculty/school/student group doing or implementing to help achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goals?
ALL undergraduate and graduate students across the U21 network are welcome to enter. There will be two prizes of US$750 each towards travel expenses to attend and present during the U21 UNMDG workshop in Auckland (3-4 September 2012).
Closing date 15 June 2012, 5:00pm (PST) **extended deadline!**
The complete call for entries including submission guidelines can be found here.
- Must be original, created solely by the eligible entrant for this competition.
- Must not have been previously published, entered in any other competition, or won any other prize/award.
- Must comply with all YouTube™ and legal guidelines (www.youtube.com/t/howto_copyright).
- Must not go over 1:30 minutes.
- Must be in English or include English subtitles.
- Must not display, encourage or incite any dangerous, hazardous or unlawful behaviour.
- Should be creative, interesting and meaningful.
- Should showcase and communicate the entrant’s views and commentaries on a university/faculty/school community project or activity that has an impact towards the achievement of the UNMDGs.
- Should focus on the project/activity and avoid general presentations about what are the UNMDGs.
- Can use any visual medium to produce the video including, but not limited to, film and digital slideshows.
- Can be in any style or genre of video, including, but not limited to, animation, drama, or documentary.