U21 Data Sharing Supporting Strategy (DS3) Collaborative Group Annual Symposium 23rd May 2018
The DS3 Steering Committee extend an invitation to senior staff in Institutional Research /Strategic Planning /Analytics Units of U21 network institutions to participate in this first annual symposium.
The U21 DS3 Collaborative Group was established in July 2017, following acknowledgement that the sharing of expertise, identification of common themes and issues, and ultimately the sharing of data across institutions can provide a significant opportunity to inform strategic planning and decision-making within the U21 network and within individual network institutions. The DS3 Collaborative Group aims to promote and contribute to the sharing of expertise, performance indicators and measures, and data sharing across institutions, and to assist the U21 Clusters through provision of information and analyses supporting their strategic objectives.
"Achieving Impact and value through multi-institutional, cross-national data collaborations: Realising our ambition"
The symposium opening by the U21 Provost, Professor Bairbre Redmond, will be followed by a plenary address from Sharon A. La Voy, from the University of Maryland.
Sharon A. La Voy is from the United States, has academic degrees from Stanford University in California, and has worked in both private and public institutions of higher education. As Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment at Maryland, she provides leadership to that institution's efforts in various forms of assessment, federal and state reporting, accreditation and accountability, student success analysis, data management, and decision support. Drawing on this experience, Sharon will explore the value of Institutional Research and the added value of cross-U21 institutional collaboration.
U21 member institutions have, by invitation, shared institutional contexts, strengths and capabilities of their Institutional Research and Strategic Planning units. A summary analysis of the information returned will be presented to the symposium delegates, along with an analysis of a U21 Cluster needs study.
Following formal presentations, symposium delegates will actively engage in a workshop session. In the workshop session delegates will have the opportunity to explore in detail the opportunities that the DS3 Collaborative Group presents, highlighting their institutional expectations, before moving to the identification of collaborative projects for 2018/19.
Through the symposium the DS3 Collaborative Group will identify key collaborative projects for 2018/19 to progress the strategic aims of the group. The group will identify specific non-sensitive and aggregated data sets to be shared, along with key principles to inform the development of data sharing guidelines.
Please see Symposium Programme below for reference.
Who should attend
Senior staff in U21 network institutions, with responsibility for Institutional Research or data analysis in support of decision making, or those responsible for collating national statistical returns, institutional key performance indicators (KPIs) or institutional data rankings and other official statistics should register to attend.
Please CLICK HERE to complete and submit the symposium registration form.
A preferential bed and breakfast rate has been negotiated for a limited number of rooms for delegates at Stauntons on the Green and booking details are provided below. To avail of the preferential rate, telephone bookings must be made before midnight (Irish Standard Time) on 16th March.
Delegates must contact the hotel directly by telephone (+353 1 478 2300) to make their booking, using the promotional code UCD2205 to obtain the preferential rates. Bookings must be made before midnight (Irish Standard Time) on 16th March. After this time rooms reserved for the meeting will go on public sale. Credit card details must provided to the hotel at time of booking.
Hotel website: https://www.stauntonsonthegreen.ie/
Tel: +353 1 478 2300
Stauntons is a 4-star boutique hotel, in a wonderful Georgian building overlooking the well tended St. Stephen’s Green in Dublin City Centre. The hotel is located a short walking distance from many of Dublin’s top tourist attractions (museums, galleries, cathedrals).
Please note that accommodation and travel arrangements are the responsibility of individual delegates
- Bus transfer between Stauntons and UCD will be provided on the day of the symposium, as outlined in the programme.
- Delegates must contact the hotel directly by telephone (+353 1 478 2300) to make their booking, using the promotional code UCD2205 to obtain the preferential rates. Bookings must be made before midnight (Irish Standard Time) on 16th March. After this time rooms reserved for the meeting will go on public sale. Credit card details must provided to the hotel at time of booking.
- Hotel preferential B&B rates for 2 night stay: Single room, single occupancy €124 ‘Cosy’ double room, single occupancy €134 ‘Standard’ double room, double occupancy €144 per person
- Credit card details are required in order to secure your booking. Rooms can be cancelled without incurring cost, up to midday two days prior to the arrival date. Thereafter credit cards will be charged for the first night of the booking, with the remainder of the balance paid on arrival.
- Subject to availability, delegates wishing to extend their stay beyond or in advance of the conference dates can avail of the preferential rate, however please be aware that the rate will increase by €20 for Friday and Saturday nights bookings.
- Please be aware that there is no elevator in the hotel. In advance of making a booking please contact Associate Professor Amanda Gibney or Maura McGinn, in the event that you have particular accessibility requirements.
Associate Professor Amanda Gibney
Chair U21 DS3 Steering Committee
Tel: +353 1716 3217
Member U21 DS3 Steering Committee
Tel: +353 1 716 1088