Researcher Engagement Cluster meetings
All senior colleagues directly involved in oversight of research, research impact, collaborations and connections with industry are invited to attend the RL meeting during which, alongside general sharing of best practice, key topics for discussion will include:
- Incentivising collaborations – particularly those of an interdisciplinary nature
- Managing research centres and institutes
- Demonstrating the impact and relevance of research
- Technology transfer practice
- Language science – a collaborative research proposal
All senior colleagues directly involved in oversight of Graduate Schools, graduate student experience and mobility are welcome to attend the DDoGS meeting, which will focus discussion on:
- U21 Doctoral Mobility Project
- Multiple career paths and embedding industry-related skills development in the doctorate
- The ‘Intellectual Climate’ and the wider issues surrounding expectations and support in different disciplines
- Taught Post Graduate studies – patterns and implications of delivery
- Internationalising the Doctoral Experience and the Doctorate – including the challenge of ‘language’
Full programmes for both meetings will be available in the new year, but registration is now open and delegates are encouraged to register.
Colleagues at SJTU have secured favourable rates at the Crowne Plaza Shanghai, 400 Panyu Road (ten minutes' walk to the university city campus), as follows:
- 800RMB for Superior Single Room
- 900RMB for Deluxe Single Room
- 1200 RMB for Executive Single Room
Wifi and breakfast are included in all these rates, which are guaranteed until 31 January 2015.
Delegates are required to make their own hotel bookings online by clicking here or on the link below.
Many delegates will require a visa to enter China and therefore a formal letter of invitation from SJTU. Please contact Shushu Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 12 January 2015 if you require a letter.
Regstration is open and is via this website - see the registration link below.