International Student Experience Open House
The event will be of interest to staff leading and working within student services, international offices and student support. Event co-ordinators are keen to draw experience from across the U21 network and welcome further offers for workshop facilitation. The event will cover a range of themes, including:
- The University of Auckland’s response to the findings of the 2011 International Student Barometer
- The integration of international and domestic students
- Pastoral support and accommodation
- Careers and employability
- External factors affecting the international student experience and how to influence them: transport, government and regional policy, immigration etc
- Critical incident management
- Academic support facilities, with particular reference to postgraduates
- Graduate School
- Language and learning support
- The way forward in sharing best practice
For a full programme of events, please download the pdf at the bottom of this page.
Colleagues at Auckland recommend the Quadrant Hotel (www.quadrant-hotel-auckland.com), which is adjacent to the university campus, where you will be offered the university’s rates, detailed in correspondence from the event organisers - please contact Libby if you need confirmation of these.
Call directly (+64 9 984 6000 or 0800 66 66 11) or email email@example.com to book. Please quote ‘Auckland University rates’ or ‘UPG’ (code) to access the rates detailed.
Those intending to come to Auckland for the Open House should contact Libby Passau (details below) giving your name, title and university.