U21 Supported Summer School 2018 - University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
The University of Nottingham (Malaysia Campus) International Summer School
26 June to 11 July 2018
U21 is pleased to announce that it is supporting University of Nottingham’s (Malaysia Campus) International Summer School in 2018 to offer a very special welcome to U21 students.
Support from U21 will:
- Allow U21 students attending to participate in special extra events during the Summer School, reserved only for them.
- Provide significantly discounted place for one U21 student from every U21 institution**. This U21 Discount Place will allow one student per U21 university to attend the 2-week event for RM 1750 (approx. US$450/ GB£320/ €360)* per student. This is a 63% discount on the full fee of RM 4750 (approx. US$1,220/ GB£870/ €980).
- It is the responsibility of each U21 member to nominate the student who is to receive the U21 Discount Place; students cannot apply directly for a discounted place.
- Other U21 students can also take up places on this Summer School at a 20% discount rate of RM 3750 (approx. US$965/ GB£685/ €775) under a U21 members benefit agreement.
- All tuition and teaching materials
- A single room for 2 weeks with an attached bathroom, air-conditioning, mini fridge and a complimentary toiletry bag
- A night in Malacca, a historic city rich with culture and tradition, as well as a visit to the local Village (Malaysian Kampung Visit).
- A day tour to Kuala Lumpur the city centre (both excursions are subject to changes)
- Welcome and Farewell banquet meals included (Breakfast provided during classes only.
- Field trips arranged during classes
- Special social events and field trips for U21 students only
- Students chose from one of four Summer School Modules:
- Politics, Culture and the Media in Southeast Asia
- Doing Business in Asia
- Beginning Creative Writing
- Intensive Mandarin for beginners
A certificate from The University of Nottingham will be given to students upon completion.
Click Here for the Summer School Brochure
View as PDF
*All currency exchanges are referred to for guidance only
How to apply for the Summer School:
- To register your student for the U21 Discount Place click HERE. Make sure that the first box ‘Student Type’ is set to U21 Special Applicant.
- Each U21 university should register their student for the U21 Discount Place as soon as possible and by the end of March 2018 at the latest. After this time their place will be offered to other members**
- Please let U21 know if you are taking up the U21 Discount Place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, and by end of March at the very latest.
- U21 will pass the funds to the University of Nottingham to support the U21 Discounted Places, so each member just has to register their chosen student directly with the U. of Nottingham.
- U21 members may also want to register other students to this summer school, these students will receive a smaller 20% discount, offered to all U21 students. Please email Anushia Thamotharem to arrange to register these extra students.
Please email at SummerSchool.Malaysia@nottingham.edu.my for further information on details of the event.
**25 discounted places will be funded by U21, one for each member. If any U21 university does not wish to take up their place, it will be offered back to those members interested in sending a second student (allocation of second places will be by random selection, end of March 2018).