Early Career Researcher Workshops
The Early Career Researcher workshops are the genesis of the Research Leaders' Group, which strives to use the U21 network for the benefit of U21's young researchers.
Each workshop's main aim is to encourage international networking, but also tackles career developmental topics such as grantmanship and journal editing.
The series has a focus on contemporary problems and engages faculty from a range of relevant disciplines in three main areas:
- Biological Sciences (including Medical Sciences)
- Physical Sciences and
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Each workshop involves core themes, approached from a vareity of different disciplinary viewpoints.
The key target groups for the annual ECR workshop are early career researchers/junior faculty who are establishing international research networks and who are at the beginning of their career, i.e. within 8 years of their PhD being awarded.
Below is a list of past and future ECR workshop hosts. Due to a shift in the timing of workshop, the proposed event for late 2014 will take place in early 2015.
- 2016, University of Hong Kong
- 2015, University College Dublin: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- 2013, Tecnológico de Monterrey: Innovative Technologies
- 2012, Shanghai Jiao Tong University: The status-quo and the future of Ecological Civilization
- 2011 (December), University of Birmingham: Healthy Living
- 2011 (May), University of New South Wales: Energy and Environmental Sustainability
04 March 2015
University College Dublin, Ireland