Research Leaders Group
This group, formerly known as the PVC (Research) Group, was established in 2004. Members have a variety of titles, including, Pro Vice Chancellor Research, Vice Principal Research, Deputy Vice Chancellor Research and Executive Director Research. This group welcomes all senior U21 colleagues who are involved with research to participate.
From the outset, the group has held regular meetings as a forum to share experiences, discuss future plans and formulate strategies about how best to utilise the U21 network to the benefit of individual and shared research agendas.
In 2012 teh Research Leaders set up a sub group, the Research Collaboration Group, to share knowledge and best practice on international colloaboration and funding streams. This group is made up of senior research administrators and research development/partnerships managers. Further information can be found on the Research Collaboration Group page.
Terms of Reference
The following Terms of Reference were agreed and confirmed at the meeting held in April 2011 at the University of Auckland. They will be revisited as we look to develop a new strategy for the cluster to commence in 2018:
- To promote U21 research aims and objectives within our institutions.
- To identify funding opportunities at institution and national level in support of U21 research activities.
- To identify opportunities to develop research networks and projects addressing global challenges within the U21 consortium and take action to initiate them.
- To identify best practice in research organisation, management, performance assessment and portfolio development and promote it within our institutions.
- To promote best practice in research career development from research student to senior research leader.
- To identify and support mechanisms for promoting research internationalisation at PGR and ECR career stages.
- To organise workshops and small-scale conferences to promote the aims of the Group.
- To ensure that research policies within U21 member institutions facilitate the exchange of staff and students
For more information on this group, including its members and the Early Career Researcher Workshop series, please follow the links below.
Convener of the Group
The convenor for this group is Professor Andy Hor, PVC and Vice President for Research at the University of Hong Kong.