EI Steering Group
The EI cluster includes the existing activities of the Teaching and Learning Network (TLN), the Learning Environments group, the Deans of Education group, the Careers Group and the Forum for International Networking in Education (FINE).
The EI Steering Group (EISG) aims to connect key institutional leaders in teaching, learning and innovative educational practices across U21 universities in order to promote collaboration, share good practice and combine resources with the common objectives of enhancing student learning in research-intensive universities. A broad set of Grand Challenges have been identified and activities within the cluster will seek to address these issues within their unique areas of activity. Periodically, these Grand Challenges will be reviewed for relevancy to the current issues facing the research-intensive universities as they seek to enhance student learning in a global society.
The Grand Challenges, as currently identified, are:
- Leadership of educational change in a changing higher education environment
- eLearning and online learning
- Global citizenship
- Physical and virtual learning environments
- The teaching-research nexus
- Curricular reform
- Student engagement
- Broadening the educational experience
The EISG will:
- develop a strategy and prioritized programme of activities for the U21 Educational Innovation cluster, identifying key themes in educational innovation through which the broader aims of U21 will be realized;
- promote the activities of the Educational Innovation cluster within U21 member institutions and more widely;
- ensure the activities of the Educational Innovation cluster generate agreed deliverables;
- work collaboratively with other clusters in pursuit of shared priorities; and
- support any working groups, master classes and local organising committees in managing specific activities of the cluster.
The Steering Group has such membership as may be determined by the EISG Chair in consultation with other existing members of the Steering Group. Appointments will be made to ensure broad coverage across member universities and domains of EI activity. The Steering Group meets at least four times per year, normally by teleconference, and is supported by the U21 Secretariat.